Saturday, October 18, 2008

10 (More) Reasons You're Not Rich

There are plenty of people complaining that they are not rich because they can not earn enough money. They always say” If I could make a little more, I could deposit and invest better…etc.
What the problem of them is that they spend too much money to buy extra items they do not need. If people want to become a millionaire, they have to do with how much they make, it is how they treat their money in their daily life.
Here have ten reasons that people are not rich. Caring what your neighbors (classmates or colleagues) think, not being patient, having bad habits, not having goals, not being prepared, trying to make a quick buck, relying on others to handle your money, investing in things you do not understand, being financially afraid and ignoring your finances.

Ten more possible reasons that you are not rich:

1: You care what your car look like- Car is only transportation material, do not buy too much luxury new car.

2: You feel entitlement (designation)- Do not trace the fashion items before you have your own money.

3: You lack diversification- Do not keep all your eggs in a single basket.

4: You started too late- The interest works best over long periods of time.

5. You do not do what you enjoy- If you choose the job you do not like, even if the career can get los of money, you will spend all of extra cash to relieve the stress of job you hate.

6. You do not like to learn- Knowledge is power.

7. You buy thing you do not need use- Check around your house, closets or basement. If there are some items you have not used in the past year, you need think don’t waste money again and again next time.

8. You do not understand the value- The expensive goods are not meant have good totally value. Some cheap goods also have nice quality. However, you do not understand it.

9. Your house is too big- Well, bigger than you can afford is like suicide behavior.

10. You fail to take advantage of opportunities- Be sure you have the self-control and determination to keep your eyes open. Also having the brave to grab it when the opportunity coming to you.
From: 10 (More) Reasons You're Not Rich. ( by Jeffrey Strain, Wednesday, October 1, 2008)


Because the economical crisis, many people suffer the painfully financial problem. Same as every consumer, I lose little money, too. (Oh~ no…) Therefore, I start to think how to save the money but keep up still live better. For example, I had planed to move out more fancy room but temporary canceled just now; moreover, change the behavior that I have used to find good restaurants and socialized with my friends to become cooking by myself. Besides, use the coupon to buy the necessary as possible as I can. Furthermore, find some free place I can visit during my free time. On the contrary, because of that, I have learned a lot how to save money.

When I had a job, even though I earned a little of money every month, I always spent all of money without thinking if I found some goods are my style. This was bad habits. I thought I have already improved it, but I have not exactly. After I read this article, I think I need to update my brain….. If I do not, I will suffer in starvation during this period of economical crisis.

1 comment:

Hello Pitta said...

i like you article, becuase i'm in the same situation as you.

before i came here, i had job, i had good salary, and i had good liefstyle, i spent more money on silly items and facilities such as buying cloths, shoes; searching a good restaurants; watching movies every week, and whatever i really wanted to buy.

now, i'm here (USA). i have on salary, i have little money from my part-time job. i change my thought and i'm searching the way to save the money and earn more money. it's very hard.

your article teaches me very much. i have to think about them (from 1 to 10.) it's actually cool...

nice article :)

PITTA.